By: Sharon Aron Baron
Take Our Daughters and Sons to Work Day will be observed by Broward County Public Schools where this year’s theme is “Workforce Development for All” – dedicated to helping youth understand the force of their service on their families and communities, and on the world.
Held on Friday, February 1, 2019, Take Our Daughters and Sons to Work Day is a national learning program by the Take Our Daughters and Sons Foundation which allows students to explore career industries, form ideas about their futures and learn what it takes to be successful in a business environment.
Local businesses and organizations are encouraged to participate and show students how their classroom lessons apply to the workplace. In addition, all BCPS schools, centers and administrative offices will provide employees the opportunity to bring their daughters and sons to work.
Neighboring school districts such as Miami-Dade and Palm Beach will also observe Take Your Daughters and Sons to Work Day on Friday, February 1, and Coral Springs parents are encouraged to participate.
This is a District-approved field trip and will not be considered an absence. Please complete the form sent home to parents. Students may participate in this field trip by attending a workplace with a parent, guardian, adult relative or adult family friend.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2021.01.23Marjory Stoneman Douglas Climate Sustainability Club Holds Fundraiser
- News2021.01.23National Fraternal Order of Police Reports 371 Law Enforcement Officers Have Died From COVID-19
- News2021.01.22Effective Immediately Coral Springs COVID-19 Vaccine Site to Requires Proof of Florida Residency
- News2021.01.21The Window for School Choice Applications Shuts February 8