By: Matt Rothman
Nearly two years after being drafted by the Arizona Diamondbacks, Coral Springs native and former Original Florida Pokers Caleb Roberts was named Player of the Week in the Texas League.
Roberts, currently paying in the Double-A with the Amarillo Sod Poodles, batted .438 with an OPS of 1.675, three home runs, four RBIs, and five extra bad hits. In his minor league career, Roberts had hit 19 home runs and driven in 119 RBIs while working his way up to the majors leagues.
Roberts played baseball at St. Thomas Aquinas and was on the Pokers. He also played at UNC, hitting ten home runs and driving in 36 runs with an on-base per range of .442 courtesy of 44 walks in 55 games.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student. He also works for the Mohave Valley Daily News in Bullhead City, Arizona covering high school sports.
- NewsDecember 1, 2023Coral Glades Basketball and Soccer Teams Face Mixed Fortunes in Recent Matchups
- NewsNovember 26, 2023High School Basketball in Coral Springs Tips-Off on Black Friday
- NewsNovember 25, 2023Carter Brooks of Coral Glades Named PGA South Florida Player of the Year
- NewsNovember 23, 2023Coral Springs Charter’s Catcher Stephanie Basso Makes College Pick