By: David Russell
Help improve a child’s education by contributing to the yearly Back to School Supply Drive organized by the City of Coral Springs.
Starting on Friday, July 21, from 8:00 a.m., residents may begin bringing donations to the drop-off location at the City Hall Lobby, located at 9500 West Sample Road. A collection box will be available there until 5:00 p.m. Saturday, August 5, 2023.
Shea Ciriago, Executive Director of Broward Education Foundation said basic school supplies are always in demand, but even more so now.
“It’s vital we do everything in our power to provide students with the tools they need to stay engaged and focused. We are so appreciative of all the individuals and local businesses who step up every year to support our resilient students who are so eager to learn.”
A wide range of supplies is requested, including markers, crayons, pencils, and pens in blue, red, and black ink, composition books, scissors, erasers, highlighters, folders, index cards, and post-it notes. Students will further benefit from donations of loose-leaf paper, glue sticks, 3-ring binders, colored pencils, rulers, and flash drives. All donations must be new.
- A Coral Springs native, Florida State University graduate, and eternal optimist, David strives to find the local hidden gems in South Florida. He has a strong interest in technology, finance, and comedy.
- EatAugust 29, 2023Addiction Bistro in Coral Springs Offers a Fresh Take on American Classics
- EatAugust 22, 2023La Marsa Brings Award-Winning Mediterranean Flavors to Coral Springs
- EventsAugust 14, 2023Living Word Christian Center to Host Back-to-School Supply Drive
- EventsJuly 25, 2023Temple Beth Orr Hosts Fun-Filled Open House