By Ryan Yousefi
The city of Coral Springs has organized an upcoming event focused on educating and providing support to parents and caregivers to ensure that children of car seat age are securely and safely restrained.
Certified car seat installers will be available to answer inquiries and help install new and existing car seats for parents and caregivers.
While the Coral Springs-Parkland Fire Department regularly offers car seat checks and installation services by appointment, the event marks the first time they will host a walk-up style installation service open to the community.
In a press release announcing the event, Coral Springs Fire Chief Michael McNally emphasized how important ensuring young ones are safely secured in cars is to the department.
“One of our top priorities is the safety of the youngest car riders. We hope more families can access this potentially life-saving service by holding this event in an open format style.”
The event is being held on the heels of National Child Passenger Safety Week, which takes place from September 17 through September 23 each year.
According to statistics from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, car seats reduce the risk of fatal injury to infants in passenger cars by almost 71%. Shockingly, in 2021, 36% of children under 13 who died in passenger vehicles were unrestrained.
Residents planning the event are encouraged to bring their car seats and ensure the installation area remains clear to benefit from this vital installation service.
Visit the official event website for further information about Car Seat Installation Day.
- Ryan Yousefi has lived in Coral Springs for over 30 years. He has worked as a writer for multiple outlets over the years, including the Miami New Times where he has covered sports and culture since 2013. He holds a Bachelor’s Degree and a Master’s Degree in Business Healthcare Management from Western Governors University.
- Crime & SafetyDecember 7, 2023Following Road Rage Incident, Victim Endures Two Weeks of Intimidation and Over 62,000 Robocalls from Aggressor
- EventsDecember 7, 2023Shop on a Budget at the Seized Asset Auction on December 10
- EventsDecember 5, 202311th Annual ‘Light Up The Night’ Holiday Celebration Held on December 7
- Crime & SafetyDecember 1, 2023Coral Springs Police Issue Urgent Warning In Response to Rising Check Theft