By Ryan Yousefi
A Coral Springs man faces charges of first-degree aggravated assault with a deadly weapon after he menacingly brandished a knife, threatening to stab a woman waiting at a bus stop.
On September 23, the Coral Springs Police Department responded to a 911 call from a woman claiming a man had threatened to stab her outside a bus stop.
According to the police report, the incident occurred near the 6100 block of Sample Road when a man, later identified as Gregory Ward, 35, of Coral Springs, allegedly threatened a victim with a knife while she was walking near a bus stop outside the shopping plaza.
According to witnesses and law enforcement reports, Ward allegedly followed the victim to the bus stop while brandishing a paring knife in his right hand and menacingly raising the knife above his shoulders as he closed the distance to within five feet of the victim.
During the encounter, Ward did not verbally communicate with the victim, but she claimed it was clear her life was in danger, causing her to flee to the nearby Aldi supermarket to call 911.
While inside the Aldi grocery store, the victim stated she continuously checked to see if Ward was still following her. At one point, she observed Ward walking from the store towards Starbucks. However, her relief was short-lived, as she later spotted Ward returning to the vicinity of Aldi.
The victim told officers she witnessed Ward placing the knife he had threatened her with into a bag, and during this time, reportedly mutter, “This b**** is always looking at me. I’m going to have to make her pay for it.”
When law enforcement arrived at the scene, Ward was read his Miranda rights but chose not to speak. He was arrested and transported to the Broward County Main Jail.
- Ryan Yousefi has lived in Coral Springs for over 30 years. He has worked as a writer for multiple outlets over the years, including the Miami New Times where he has covered sports and culture since 2013. He holds a Bachelor’s Degree and a Master’s Degree in Business Healthcare Management from Western Governors University.
- Crime & SafetyDecember 1, 2023Coral Springs Police Issue Urgent Warning In Response to Rising Check Theft
- Crime & SafetyNovember 30, 2023Man Caught on Surveillance Masturbating Outside Coral Springs Business Plaza
- EventsNovember 30, 2023Celebrate Chanukah with Family Fun in Coral Springs
- EventsNovember 30, 2023The Walk of Coral Springs Annual Toys for Tots Drive Part of Local 10’s Big Bus Toy Express