By: Sharon Aron Baron
Coral Springs residents are invited to ring in the Lunar New Year at Coral Square Mall in celebration of the Year of the Rat.
On Saturday, February 8, from 12:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m., shoppers will enjoy a time-honored Chinese New Year celebration with activities for all ages.
Guests will enjoy traditional festive décor, including the return of the popular Red Lanterns from January 20 through February 8, a Chinese Costume exhibit by the Tai Pei Economic Cultural Office, a traditional Chinese dance and instrumental music performed by the Angela Wang Florida Chinese Dance Performing Group, and a Lion Dance and Kung Fu demonstration by Lee Koon Hung Kung Fu Association.
Kids can create their own lantern and Rat hat to celebrate the New Year. And during the event, shoppers will receive special surprises to wish them good fortune in the Lunar New Year.
The event is free and open to the public on Saturday, February 8, at Coral Square Mall 9469 W Atlantic Blvd in Coral Springs.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2020.09.19Vice Mayor Joy Carter Appointed to Serve on Florida League of Cities Legislative Policy Committee
- News2020.09.18Coral Springs Employer Awards Grants to 2 Minority-Owned Businesses
- News2020.09.17VIDEO: Coral Springs Police Respond to Alleged Rough Arrest Video
- News2020.09.14City of Coral Springs Hosts Plasma and Blood Drive