By: Sharon Aron Baron
Coral Springs residents are invited to ring in the Lunar New Year at Coral Square Mall in celebration of the Year of the Rat.
On Saturday, February 8, from 12:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m., shoppers will enjoy a time-honored Chinese New Year celebration with activities for all ages.
Guests will enjoy traditional festive décor, including the return of the popular Red Lanterns from January 20 through February 8, a Chinese Costume exhibit by the Tai Pei Economic Cultural Office, a traditional Chinese dance and instrumental music performed by the Angela Wang Florida Chinese Dance Performing Group, and a Lion Dance and Kung Fu demonstration by Lee Koon Hung Kung Fu Association.
Kids can create their own lantern and Rat hat to celebrate the New Year. And during the event, shoppers will receive special surprises to wish them good fortune in the Lunar New Year.
The event is free and open to the public on Saturday, February 8, at Coral Square Mall 9469 W Atlantic Blvd in Coral Springs.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2020.02.25Official Winners of 3rd Annual ‘Innovate Downtown’ Announced
- Events2020.02.25Annual Relay For Life Wants Participants to Imagine a World Without Cancer
- News2020.02.24Westchester Elementary School Presents their Kindergarten Round-up
- News2020.02.23Coral Springs Coconut Creek Regional Chamber Brings Back the Roaring 20s During Annual Gala