By: Matt Rothman
The Coral Springs Charter girl’s basketball team advanced to the District semifinals behind eighth-grader Mia Rowe on Tuesday night.
She finished the game with 18 points in the Panthers 53-26 win over Somerset Academy for their 11th win of the season. These two teams met earlier this year, with the Panthers winning 48-14 on January 14.
It is the sixth time this season the Panthers have held their opponents to 30 points or less. After a tough stretch to begin 2020 with three straight losses, CSC has won five of their last six games with all but one coming by more than ten points.
Up next, the Panthers will have a challenge with American Heritage Wednesday night on February 5 at 6 p.m. at a neutral location.
American Heritage comes into the game with 13 wins, but haven’t played since January 30 after their bye in the quarterfinals. The winner of this game will have a chance at a District tournament with an automatic bid into Regionals.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2021.07.21J.P. Taravella’s All-County Outfielder Luis Rodriguez Makes His College Choice
- News2021.07.19Coral Springs Girls Travel Basketball Team Ranks Number 1 in the State
- News2021.07.16Coral Springs Native Caleb Roberts Selected in 5th Round of MLB Draft
- News2021.07.16J.P. Taravella Grad Jack Sinclair Drafted in 16th Round of MLB Draft