By: Matt Rothman
The Coral Springs Charter girl’s basketball team advanced to the District semifinals behind eighth-grader Mia Rowe on Tuesday night.
She finished the game with 18 points in the Panthers 53-26 win over Somerset Academy for their 11th win of the season. These two teams met earlier this year, with the Panthers winning 48-14 on January 14.
It is the sixth time this season the Panthers have held their opponents to 30 points or less. After a tough stretch to begin 2020 with three straight losses, CSC has won five of their last six games with all but one coming by more than ten points.
Up next, the Panthers will have a challenge with American Heritage Wednesday night on February 5 at 6 p.m. at a neutral location.
American Heritage comes into the game with 13 wins, but haven’t played since January 30 after their bye in the quarterfinals. The winner of this game will have a chance at a District tournament with an automatic bid into Regionals.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2021.05.07Coral Springs Charter Baseball Pulls Out Stunning Win in Extra Innings to Win 1st Regional Game
- News2021.05.06Coral Glades Softball’s Memorable Season Ends in Regionals
- News2021.05.06Godfrey Throws Perfect Game, Strikes Out 20 in Coral Springs Charter Softball Regional Playoff Win
- News2021.05.04Coral Glades Football Team Raises Funds To Visit Top College Programs This Summer