By Bryan Boggiano
Coral Springs Charter School is hosting their open house for the 2022-2023 school year online, the school announced Thursday.
The online open house will be a Facebook Live event on Wednesday, Jan. 12, 2022, at 5:30 p.m.
At Wednesday’s Charter School Board of Directors, Principal Gary Springer mentioned that they would likely delay their in-person open house. He added that school staff felt that it would be in the community’s best interest to tell families about the school’s courses and programs in an online format.
The move to an online open house comes as COVID-19 numbers increase in Broward County schools, fueled by the omicron variant.
Since Jan. 1, at least 571 students and 969 Broward County Public Schools employees have tested positive for COVID.
On Jan. 5, Springer reported out of over 1,600 students enrolled at the school, 53 students were COVID positive. Six of those students were on campus this week, while 47 tested positive over winter break.
Additionally, one staff member was out on quarantine.
Of those 53 students, he said that 30 would return to campus by Jan. 10.
Springer said that the school continues to monitor COVID’s spread, they will continue to do all they can to protect the health and safety of their students and families.
“We continue to work with our families on a daily basis and will always have their best interest in the forefront of every decision we make,” he said.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- A University of Florida journalism graduate, Bryan is pursuing his masters in geosciences at Florida International University. He has a strong interest in weather, entertainment, and journalism.
- Events2022.01.26TICKET ALERT: Comedian Eddie Griffin Comes to Coral Springs
- News2022.01.25Commission to Discuss Future Retail, Restaurants, and Entertainment.
- Events2022.01.24League of Women Voters Hosting Youth Voting Video Contest
- News2022.01.21Residents Invited to City Forum Discussing the Allocation of $20 million in Rescue Funds