By Kevin Deutsch
A man was fatally shot outside his house in Coral Springs early Sunday, police said.
Marc Examon, 27, of Coral Springs, was killed around 4:37 a.m. in the 4100 block of NW 66th Terrace, according to Officer Chris Swinson, a police spokesman.
Coral Springs Police Officers responded to the shooting call and “discovered a black male victim suffering from multiple gunshot wounds,” Swinson said in a press release issued Sunday afternoon.
“Responding officers rendered aid to the victim until Coral Springs-Parkland Fire Rescue arrived to treat and transport the victim to Broward Health North as a trauma alert.”
Despite the life-saving efforts of first responders and medical staff, Examon was pronounced dead, Swinson said.
No arrests had been announced as of noon Sunday.
“The crime scene is secure, and there are no threats to the community,” Swinson added.
The Coral Springs Police Department’s Crimes Against Persons Unit (CAPS) is actively investigating the homicide and encourages anyone with information to contact Detective Dave Young at 954-346-1219 or DYoung@coralsprings.org.
Send to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Kevin Deutsch is an award-winning crime journalist and author. A graduate of Florida International University, Kevin has worked on staff at The Miami Herald, New York Daily News, and The Palm Beach Post.
- Crime & Safety2022.01.27“I Don’t Think It’s Okay”: Coral Springs Man Arrested on Child Porn Charges
- Crime & Safety2022.01.26Family of Coral Springs Man Killed by Teen Driver: He Had ‘Such a Bright Future’
- Crime & Safety2022.01.25Driver in Deadly Ferrari Crash Notches Legal Wins Against BSO
- News2022.01.25Florida Closes Monoclonal Antibody Sites After FDA Revokes Authorization