By: Matt Rothman
Coby Mayo hit his first home run in the Delmarva Shorebirds 10-2 win Sunday night during his sixth game.
Mayo, who had an incredible season in Rookie Ball, was promoted to Low A with the Shorebirds on Aug. 16.
“The first week was definitely an adjustment, but it’s been a blast,” said Mayo, whose family was in attendance. “I’m adapting to all the new things going on, and it was great hitting my first home run with my parents there.”
Since making his debut with the Shorebirds, Mayo, the 17th ranked prospect in the Baltimore Orioles organization, has had five hits in his first 21 at-bats.
The Coral Springs native has always been a big-time batter after hitting 13 home runs over three seasons with Marjory Stoneman Douglas. He now has five in his minor league career with three different teams.
Up next, Mayo will likely be in action Tuesday night when the Shorebirds take on the Salem Red Sox at 7:05 p.m. Delmarva is currently 54-42 in their fight to make the postseason.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student. He also works for the Mohave Valley Daily News in Bullhead City, Arizona covering high school sports.
- NewsMarch 1, 2024Rivalry Matchups Highlight Eventful Week of Athletics in Coral Springs
- NewsFebruary 22, 20245 Coral Springs Teams Compete in Regionals; Bowlers Compete in BCAA Tournament
- NewsFebruary 18, 2024Coral Glades Football Adds New Offensive Coordinator
- NewsFebruary 18, 2024Coral Springs Athletes Shine in Wrestling Tournaments and Lacrosse Matches