By: Matt Rothman
Coby Mayo hit his first home run in the Delmarva Shorebirds 10-2 win Sunday night during his sixth game.
Mayo, who had an incredible season in Rookie Ball, was promoted to Low A with the Shorebirds on Aug. 16.
“The first week was definitely an adjustment, but it’s been a blast,” said Mayo, whose family was in attendance. “I’m adapting to all the new things going on, and it was great hitting my first home run with my parents there.”
Since making his debut with the Shorebirds, Mayo, the 17th ranked prospect in the Baltimore Orioles organization, has had five hits in his first 21 at-bats.
The Coral Springs native has always been a big-time batter after hitting 13 home runs over three seasons with Marjory Stoneman Douglas. He now has five in his minor league career with three different teams.
Up next, Mayo will likely be in action Tuesday night when the Shorebirds take on the Salem Red Sox at 7:05 p.m. Delmarva is currently 54-42 in their fight to make the postseason.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2022.05.1812 Coral Glades Student-Athletes Officially Sign to Play in College
- News2022.05.18Stephanie Basso’s 3 Home Run Game Leads CSC Softball to Regional Final
- News2022.05.17Kate Maston’s Transition from Baseball to Softball Pays off for Coral Springs Charter
- News2022.05.167 Coral Springs Athletes Reach Podium in Track and Field State Championship