By: Sharon Aron Baron
The newly created Coffee with a Cop program will be holding their next event on President’s Day.
Coffee with a Cop brings police officers and the community members they serve together over coffee to discuss issues and learn more about each other. On Monday, February 15, from 15 from 9 a.m. to 10 a.m., they will hold their next event at Mitch’s Westside Bagel Too where they will come out visit with customers.
“Part of our role in the community involvement unit is to continuously benchmark best practices in effective outreach and crime prevention nationwide,” said Coral Springs Police Community Involvement Officer Glenn Roberts. “In our research during 2015, we came across a great program initially created by the Hawthorne Police Department in Southern California called ‘Coffee with a Cop.’ We believed their program would benefit the diverse population of the City of Coral Springs.”
According to their website, in less than three years, Coffee with a Cop events have been hosted in more than 2,000 communities, in 49 states and is one of the most successful community oriented policing programs across the country. The program has also expanded to outside the Unites States to Canada, Europe, Australia, and Africa.
Mitch’s Westside Bagel Too is located at 5906 Coral Ridge Drive in Coral Springs. Map it.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2020.01.15Mayors’ Chess Challenge Heads Back to Coral Springs January 18
- News2020.01.144th Annual ‘Yoga For Life’ in Coral Springs Supports Local Nonprofits
- News2020.01.12Crime Update from Coral Springs Police: Latest Incidents Through January 7
- News2020.01.12Coral Springs’ Zeta Phi Beta Chapter Accepting Nominations for ‘Community Leader of the Year’ Awards