By: Matt Rothman
The Coral Glades boys tennis team finished off one of their best seasons in school history with their trip to the District Finals.
The Jaguars won all their matches in the regular season other than against Marjory Stoneman Douglas and St. Thomas Aquinas High School. MSD was also the team that won Districts, and Coral Glades faced them in the final.
“They played great, and everyone lost to competitive players,” said Head Coach Gabriel Matteazzi. ” I thought they did great all season, and that’s the good part.”
The team this season consisted of Victor Ferraguz at number one singles. Ethan Daruwalla played second, and Jony Namer played behind Daruwella. Jax Yellin and Matthew Williams rounded out the top five.
For doubles, Ferraguz and Daruwalla played together as well as Namer and Yellin at number two doubles.
According to his coach, Maxwell Hakimi Bolton did not play in districts but played well throughout the season and played well.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student. He also works for the Mohave Valley Daily News in Bullhead City, Arizona covering high school sports.
- NewsMarch 1, 20244 Local High School Baseball Teams Compete in BCAA Tournament
- NewsMarch 1, 2024Rivalry Matchups Highlight Eventful Week of Athletics in Coral Springs
- NewsFebruary 22, 20245 Coral Springs Teams Compete in Regionals; Bowlers Compete in BCAA Tournament
- NewsFebruary 18, 2024Coral Glades Football Adds New Offensive Coordinator