By: Matt Rothman
The Coral Glades boys tennis team finished off one of their best seasons in school history with their trip to the District Finals.
The Jaguars won all their matches in the regular season other than against Marjory Stoneman Douglas and St. Thomas Aquinas High School. MSD was also the team that won Districts, and Coral Glades faced them in the final.
“They played great, and everyone lost to competitive players,” said Head Coach Gabriel Matteazzi. ” I thought they did great all season, and that’s the good part.”
The team this season consisted of Victor Ferraguz at number one singles. Ethan Daruwalla played second, and Jony Namer played behind Daruwella. Jax Yellin and Matthew Williams rounded out the top five.
For doubles, Ferraguz and Daruwalla played together as well as Namer and Yellin at number two doubles.
According to his coach, Maxwell Hakimi Bolton did not play in districts but played well throughout the season and played well.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2021.05.04Coral Glades Football Team Raises Funds To Visit Top College Programs This Summer
- News2021.05.03Alexandra Bruno Makes History Again for Coral Springs Charter Track and Field
- News2021.05.02Coral Glades High School Softball Set to Play in Regionals
- News2021.05.02Coral Springs Charter Baseball Makes Regionals For 1st Time Since 2013