By: Matt Rothman
Coral Glades High School has gotten off to a solid start for their spring season after their baseball and softball teams won all their games.
After a District Championship in soccer earlier this month, they have another promising team in boys tennis.
The Jaguars have played three matches already this season and have a record of 2-0 despite two matches canceled this season. They are most recently coming off a win over West Broward High School.
“We basically won because the team believed until the last match,” said Head Coach Gabriel Matteazzi. “We always tried, never gave up, and stayed calm and collected until the end. We competed to the best our players could give.”
In the match, they revised wins in singles from Bryan Hodo and Jonathan Namer. While Victor Ferraguz lost his singles match, he did win in doubles with Hodo after cementing the final point in their first match of the season together.
On Monday, West Broward went on to forfeit the two other matches resulting in a win for the Coral Springs team.
Up next, the boys will be in action along with the girls, who lost their last match, with Marjory Stoneman Douglas at the Tennis Complex in Parkland at 4 p.m.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2021.05.283 Coral Springs Baseball Players 4A State Champions For North Broward Prep
- News2021.05.22CHAMPIONS AGAIN: Marjory Stoneman Douglas Baseball Wins 2nd State Championship in 6 Years
- News2021.05.21BREAKING: Marjory Stoneman Douglas Baseball 1 Win Away From State Championship
- News2021.05.16J.P. Taravella Baseball’s Unforgettable Season Ends in Regional Final