By: Matt Rothman
In the second to last match of the regular season, the Coral Glades girl volleyball team honored their senior and captain, Kat Hernandez.
For two years, Hernandez has been on the varsity volleyball team and helped her team pick up a 25-9, 25-9, 25-14 win over Coral Springs High School for their fourth win of the season, and has won 17 games in her varsity career.
“I just want to say super appreciative for having Kat her senior year for my first season,” said Coach Brianna Dawson. “Her constant communication allowed me to adjust and redirect myself.”
Next, the Jaguars play West Broward High School in their final regular season match on Tuesday, Oct. 11, at 6 p.m.Then, the Jaguars are set to play in the District Quarterfinal as the four seed on Monday, Cot 17, against Charles W. Flanagan High School. The Falcons are 6-8 this year and come in as the five seed.
The Bobcats come in with a record of 5-9 this year. CSHS, who honored their seniors earlier this year in a win against Northeast High School, has two more games in the regular season against Hallandale and Coconut Creek High School.
The Colts finished have a record of 11-8 and will then be the sixth seed when they play t Spanish River Community High School in their District Quarterfinals on Monday, Oct. 17, at 7 p.m. The Sharks are the third seed and won eight of their 22 matches this year.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2023.02.03Coral Springs High School Girls Basketball Wins District Championship; Boys Team Hosts on Senior Night
- News2023.02.03Coral Springs Charter Cheerleading Team Places 3rd in State Championship
- News2023.02.01CSC Girls Basketball Advances in Playoffs; Boys Team Hosts Senior Night
- News2023.01.294 Teams From Coral Springs Compete in BCAA Wrestling Tournament