By: Matt Rothman
Not only was it Senior Night for the Coral Glades varsity volleyball team, but the Jaguars also won their 13th match of the year to close out the regular season.
Before Monday’s match, Franka Kajokovic, Kyana Athis, Andrea Davila, Laila Wooldridge, Leilani Hall, and Jaira Smith were all honored.
“I will miss their leadership and confidence on the court,” said Head Coach Kaitlin Ledbetter. “The other girls really look up to them so much, but I know the mark that they left on this team will continue with us in seasons to come.”
During the match, Coral Glades defeated Blanche Ely High School 25-13, 25-22,25-13, improving their record to 13-4.
The Jaguars’ only losses came against Western, Flanagan, Monarch, and South Plantation High School this year. They are also now two wins away from matching their school record of 15 in 2019.
Coral Glades will have a chance to do that in the District Playoffs. They are still waiting to see who and where they will be playing.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2022.01.16CSC’s Chris Haire Coaches Inaugural Battle at The Beach All-Star Game
- News2022.01.15Coral Springs Charter’s Dalton Mason Wins the Senior Bowl Tournament
- News2022.01.15Coral Springs High School Boys and Girls Soccer Cap Off Strong Week with Senior Night
- News2022.01.14Coral Glades Cheerleading Qualify for State Semifinals