By: Matt Rothman
In what was arguably the match of the season for both teams, Coral Glades girls volleyball defeated Coral Springs High School in five sets Thursday afternoon.
The Jaguars dropped the opening two sets but managed to come back and defeat the Colts in five sets. In the decisive fifth set, Coral Glades only allowed two points to earn their fourth win in five matches this season.
“It was such a proud moment for me to see them fight and come back to win after being down two sets to start,” said Head Coach Kaitlin Ledbetter.
Both Laila Wooldridge and Megan Cecil each had seven aces, while Cecil added a team-high eight digs. Freshman Mariyana Cardwell had 14 blocks. Amelie Donahue added three and had seven digs.
Next, Coral Glades will have a busy week coming up, hosting Charles W. Flanagan High School on Monday, September 13th at 4:30 before traveling to Hallandale High School on Tuesday for another match.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student. He also works for the Mohave Valley Daily News in Bullhead City, Arizona covering high school sports.
- NewsFebruary 22, 20245 Coral Springs Teams Compete in Regionals; Bowlers Compete in BCAA Tournament
- NewsFebruary 18, 2024Coral Glades Football Adds New Offensive Coordinator
- NewsFebruary 18, 2024Coral Springs Athletes Shine in Wrestling Tournaments and Lacrosse Matches
- NewsFebruary 15, 2024Former Coral Springs Charter Pitcher Brianna Godfrey Nearly Perfect in Debut With Maryland