By: Matt Rothman
In what was arguably the match of the season for both teams, Coral Glades girls volleyball defeated Coral Springs High School in five sets Thursday afternoon.
The Jaguars dropped the opening two sets but managed to come back and defeat the Colts in five sets. In the decisive fifth set, Coral Glades only allowed two points to earn their fourth win in five matches this season.
“It was such a proud moment for me to see them fight and come back to win after being down two sets to start,” said Head Coach Kaitlin Ledbetter.
Both Laila Wooldridge and Megan Cecil each had seven aces, while Cecil added a team-high eight digs. Freshman Mariyana Cardwell had 14 blocks. Amelie Donahue added three and had seven digs.
Next, Coral Glades will have a busy week coming up, hosting Charles W. Flanagan High School on Monday, September 13th at 4:30 before traveling to Hallandale High School on Tuesday for another match.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2021.11.18Coral Springs Quarterback Tyler Goodman Honored With Perseverance Award in College
- News2021.11.18Coral Springs Charter Girls Soccer Wins 4th Game in a Row Wednesday Night
- News2021.11.18J.P. Taravella Girls Soccer Team Holds Car Wash This Weekend
- News2021.11.17Hines Scores Twice Leading Coral Glades Boys Soccer to 1st Win