By: Matt Rothman
It was the Jaguars’ seventh win of the season in nine games as they received a fantastic performance from senior Kayla Haweny and Junior Athena Chitty. Coral Glades also played exceptionally well on defense as they pitched a shutout with the center back pairing of Valeria Gaviria and Elise Donahoue leading the way.
“It’s always great to advance to a final, but the job is not done,” said Head Coach Richard Denny. “Our next game is just another opportunity to show the program’s growth, and we look to accept the challenge head-on.”
Next, they will have a big test as they face Marjory Stoneman Douglas in the District final on Monday, February 8 at 7 p.m., with the game is being played at Coral Springs High School. The Eagles are coming off an 8-0 win over Coral Springs High School in the semifinals.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 News Site Here.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student. Matt also covers the New York Islanders for The Hockey Writer, the New York Mets for Last Word on Baseball and Florida Gators Athletics for ESPN Gainesville.
- News2021.02.27Marjory Stoneman Douglas Softball Wins 1st Game With Strong Offense
- News2021.02.27Marjory Stoneman Douglas Girls Soccer Incredible Run Ends at States
- News2021.02.27Marjory Stoneman Douglas Boy’s Lacrosse Off to Outstanding 3-1 Start
- News2021.02.27Coral Springs High School Boys Basketball Complete Remarkable Season