By: Matt Rothman
Coral Glades tennis is one of the up-and-coming programs in the school. They continued to develop every day but unfortunately had their season cut short due to COVID 19.
Both the boys and girls teams are coached by Gabriel Matteazzi, who brings a wealth of experience to the school.
This season, he had two seniors on the boy’s team in Bryan Hodo and Andre Hada. Hodo played number one singles and improved immensely throughout the season. He is planning on attending Florida Atlantic University in the fall.
Hada got a little less time playing as did the lone senior on the girl’s team, Andrea Denarvaez, but Matteazzi says all these players will be missed by the team tremendously.
“They were all great players and guys that gave a lot to the team through the years.”
Matteazzi is also looking forward to next season when he welcomes back his returning players. Despite not winning many matches, the team improved and should be in for a strong 2021.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 News Site Here.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. Originally from Long Island, he moved to Parkland shortly after high school. Along with Parkland Talk, Matt is the lone contributing writer for the New York Islanders with The Hockey Writers. He worked as the Assistant Sports Editor for his school paper, Eagle News.
- News2020.11.28Coral Springs Charter Football Advances to Playoffs For 2nd Time in School History
- News2020.11.28Coral Glades Football Advances to Playoffs for the First Time in School History
- News2020.11.27Coral Glades Colton Eisenberg Donates Dollars for Charity with Every Successful Kick
- News2020.11.255 Taravella High School Bowlers Roll a Successful Season