By: Matt Rothman
After four highly competitive matches, the Coral Glades boys volleyball team finally picked up their first win of the season on Wednesday.
The Jaguars defeated Monarch High School in four sets after falling 25-27 in the opening set. They went on to win 25-21, 25-17, 21-16. Coral Glades won five sets in their first three matches but went 0-3 with losses against Western, Pine Crest, and Fort Lauderdale High School. Head Coach Kaitlin Ledbetter, though, has remained optimistic despite their lack of experience and tough start.
“I really like how they have all stepped up and put a lot of work into learning the sport,” said Coach Ledbetter. “They have great chemistry as a team, but we still need to improve on defense and blocking.”
Ricardo Martin led the team with nine kills while Noah Demauro, Amari Gauntlett, Jackson Brooks, and Ryan Cecil combined for 23. Jackson Brooks had 24 assists, and Demauro recorded nine digs.
Next, Coral Glades will have six days off before returning home to face Everglades High School on Tuesday, March 15 at 4:30 p.m.
The Gators are currently 1-1, with their win also coming against Monarch after going 0-10 in 2021.
Send to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2022.05.24Coral Springs High School Football Wins Spring Game
- News2022.05.23Godfrey Records Walk-Off Hit to Win Regionals For CSC in Final Home At-Bat
- News2022.05.21State Champs! Marjory Stoneman Douglas Baseball Wins 2nd Consecutive Year
- News2022.05.208 Students From Coral Springs Selected to BCAA All-Star Game