By: Matt Rothman
After falling in their opening match of the season, the J.P. Taravella boys volleyball team picked up back-to-back wins to begin the year 2-1.
The Trojans beat South Plantation in three sets on March 2. They followed that up with another sweep on Thursday, defeating Pompano Beach after losing their first match to St. Thomas Aquinas.
JPT has been led by Vance Reuther, Andre Mills, Jeremy Stewart, and Marcos Ferreira.
“The boys played consistently and kept their foot on the gas as they continue to work on improving and getting better each match,” said Head Coach Jonathan Delva.
The Trojans are coming off a season where they went 9-4. However, due to damage to their home court, they are only playing road games.
Next, they play Cardinal Gibbons High School on Wednesday, March 16, at 4:30 p.m. The Chiefs are 3-0 with wins over Marjory Stoneman Douglas, Western, and St. Thomas Aquinas High School.
The game will be the first meeting between the two teams.
Send to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2022.05.24Coral Springs High School Football Wins Spring Game
- News2022.05.23Godfrey Records Walk-Off Hit to Win Regionals For CSC in Final Home At-Bat
- News2022.05.21State Champs! Marjory Stoneman Douglas Baseball Wins 2nd Consecutive Year
- News2022.05.208 Students From Coral Springs Selected to BCAA All-Star Game