By: Matt Rothman
The Coral Springs High School baseball team earned their third win of the season after a combined no-hitter in a 17-0 (4) victory on Tuesday night over Hollywood Hills High.
Tyler Federman made the start and pitched three hitless innings before Michael Phelps came in and recorded the final three outs.
It was the team’s first no-hitter since 2011 as head Coach Michael Federman was really happy with how his team came out tonight.
“We came out swinging the bats tonight,” said Federman. “A no-hitter is special. Tyler Federman threw [well] battling a cold.”
Garrett Drew went 2-3 in the game, hitting a home run and driving in two runs. Gavin Roberts finished 4-4 with two of his hits going for extra bases and scored four runs as they scored 11 runs in the first inning and had hits from ten different players in the win.
Jordan Brown and Ryan Monakey also drove in three runs, Jimi Berisko and Chris DeVarona drove in two apiece.
The Colts moved to 3-0 despite winning their first game by forfeit. Their last win came in a walk-off against Pompano Beach High School and will next be in action on February 27, at 6:30 p.m. at home against Deerfield Beach.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. Originally from Long Island, he moved to Parkland shortly after high school. Along with Parkland Talk, Matt is the lone contributing writer for the New York Islanders with The Hockey Writers. He worked as the Assistant Sports Editor for his school paper, Eagle News.
- News2020.07.07Coral Springs Resident Coby Mayo Inks Deal with Baltimore Orioles
- News2020.06.17Eric Windell Named Coral Springs Charter Boys Varsity Basketball Coach
- News2020.06.12Coral Springs’ Coby Mayo Drafted by Major League Baseball
- News2020.06.105 Coral Springs High School Softball Players Graduate