By: Sharon Aron Baron
Bring your family and friends to WorldFest at the Sportsplex and experience the diverse cultures that make up the community of Coral Springs.
Come and experience the action and excitement of Teen World and Kid’s World and their Culture Village. The event will be held on Sunday, April 12, from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. and will feature ethnic foods, live entertainment, arts and crafts and fun activities for children.
The City is looking for anyone interested in being part of their new Culture Village is invited to participate. Individuals or groups may promote their country or culture at a booth. Multi-cultural clubs from our local schools are encouraged to get involved. Two groups will share space under a 10 x 10 tent, which will be provided to you at no charge, along with a table and two chairs. Students will receive service hours for participating.
There will also be a Cooking Demonstration where you can sample delicious and ethnic food items. Food, entertainment, vendor and sponsorship opportunities are still available. Community groups and individuals who are willing to volunteer their time to display their talent on stage also are encouraged to sign up.
The event is free, but there is a $3 parking fee and nominal fees for the food and rides.
For more information, call 954-344-1063. The Sportsplex is located at 2575 Sportsplex Drive.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2020.10.23Trader Joe’s Sets Opening Date in Coral Springs
- News2020.10.22Early Voting Report for October 21 for Northwest Regional Library
- News2020.10.2112 Winners Announced for ‘The Importance of Voting’ Virtual Poster Contest
- News2020.10.20Student Volunteers Needed at Chabad of Coral Springs Free Food Distribution