By: Matt Rothman
Coral Springs Charter football nearly pulled off an upset in their playoff game but will have a chance to continue their season in a consolation game at South Miami Senior High School on Friday, December 11 at 7 p.m.
The Panthers fell 19-7 against Hallandale High School in a very competitive game that came down to the final few plays. South Miami also lost in their opening playoff game to Norland High School but started the season off with three straight wins before losing by 25 on December 3.
Head Coach Matt Garris believes this game will be significant to all of his seniors.
“We have a small senior group of seven players, but they are the reason for this season being such a positive experience,” Garris said. We’ve had some tough losses against some good opponents, and unfortunately, our record doesn’t reflect their accomplishment as men.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 News Site Here.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. Originally from Long Island, he moved to Parkland shortly after high school. Along with Parkland Talk, Matt is the lone contributing writer for the New York Islanders with The Hockey Writers. He worked as the Assistant Sports Editor for his school paper, Eagle News.
- News2021.01.24Coral Glades High School Cheerleading Team Earn 3rd In States
- News2021.01.22Coral Springs Charter Cheerleading Finish 2nd in States
- News2021.01.16Coral Glades Cheerleading Advance to State Finals For 10th Straight Year
- News2021.01.16Coral Springs High School Cheerleading Team Advance to State Finals