By: Matt Rothman
Coral Springs Charter football nearly pulled off an upset in their playoff game but will have a chance to continue their season in a consolation game at South Miami Senior High School on Friday, December 11 at 7 p.m.
The Panthers fell 19-7 against Hallandale High School in a very competitive game that came down to the final few plays. South Miami also lost in their opening playoff game to Norland High School but started the season off with three straight wins before losing by 25 on December 3.
Head Coach Matt Garris believes this game will be significant to all of his seniors.
“We have a small senior group of seven players, but they are the reason for this season being such a positive experience,” Garris said. We’ve had some tough losses against some good opponents, and unfortunately, our record doesn’t reflect their accomplishment as men.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 News Site Here.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2022.05.208 Students From Coral Springs Selected to BCAA All-Star Game
- News2022.05.1812 Coral Glades Student-Athletes Officially Sign to Play in College
- News2022.05.18Stephanie Basso’s 3 Home Run Game Leads CSC Softball to Regional Final
- News2022.05.17Kate Maston’s Transition from Baseball to Softball Pays off for Coral Springs Charter