By: Matt Rothman
Coral Glades High School football fell in the first round of the playoffs but will have a chance to play in a consolation game at home on Friday, December 11 at 7 p.m. against Wellington High.
The Jaguars came into the playoffs as the fourth seed in the silver bracket and played a memorable game against Miami High. They ended up falling 42-40 in a game that featured 12 touchdowns.
Wellington also lost in their playoff game against Palm Beach Garden 24-10 and come into the matchup on Friday with a record of 2-3. Coral Glades, though, has won three of their five games this season.
Head Coach Cam Thomas felt that some of the older players’ inexperience played a factor in their loss to Miami High. This was the Jaguars’ first playoff game in school history, and while they would have liked to move on in their bracket, this will give many of the older players another chance to show off to many college programs. It will also let many of the younger players get some experience playing in postseason games.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 News Site Here.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2021.11.18Coral Springs Quarterback Tyler Goodman Honored With Perseverance Award in College
- News2021.11.18Coral Springs Charter Girls Soccer Wins 4th Game in a Row Wednesday Night
- News2021.11.18J.P. Taravella Girls Soccer Team Holds Car Wash This Weekend
- News2021.11.17Hines Scores Twice Leading Coral Glades Boys Soccer to 1st Win