By: Matt Rothman
The Coral Springs Charter girls basketball team picked up their first win of the season Thursday night against Somerset Academy.
It was the Panther’s third game of the season as they played an extremely tight game against Marjory Stoneman Douglas but fell by three points with three eighth-graders getting playing time.
CSC then fell to Monarch High School the following night. However, after a strong game on Thursday from Davina Irizarry, the Panthers earned a 42-38 win.
Irizarry led the team with 14 points and ten rebounds, and Sidney Berthiaume stepped up late with two clutch free throws late in the game to pick up the victory. She finished with seven points, four rebounds, and three steals.
The Panthers’ next game will be at home on Wednesday, January 13, against Cardinal Gibbons High School at 6 p.m.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 News Site Here.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. Originally from Long Island, he moved to Parkland shortly after high school. Along with Parkland Talk, Matt is the lone contributing writer for the New York Islanders with The Hockey Writers. He worked as the Assistant Sports Editor for his school paper, Eagle News.
- News2021.01.16Coral Glades Cheerleading Advance to State Finals For 10th Straight Year
- News2021.01.16Coral Springs High School Cheerleading Team Advance to State Finals
- News2021.01.16Coral Springs Charter Cheerleading Win Regionals
- News2021.01.14Marjory Stoneman Douglas Defensive End Nick Dobbs Commits to College