By: Matt Rothman
The Coral Springs Charter girls basketball team picked up their first win of the season Thursday night against Somerset Academy.
It was the Panther’s third game of the season as they played an extremely tight game against Marjory Stoneman Douglas but fell by three points with three eighth-graders getting playing time.
CSC then fell to Monarch High School the following night. However, after a strong game on Thursday from Davina Irizarry, the Panthers earned a 42-38 win.
Irizarry led the team with 14 points and ten rebounds, and Sidney Berthiaume stepped up late with two clutch free throws late in the game to pick up the victory. She finished with seven points, four rebounds, and three steals.
The Panthers’ next game will be at home on Wednesday, January 13, against Cardinal Gibbons High School at 6 p.m.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 News Site Here.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2021.08.01Coral Springs Native Brett Roberts: A Name to Remember
- News2021.07.27J.P. Taravella Pitcher Jack Sinclair Signs First Pro Contract
- News2021.07.27Infielder Gavin Conticello Decides Future After Being Selected in MLB Draft
- News2021.07.27Marjory Stoneman Douglas Aidan Minott Reveals College Decision