By: Matt Rothman
The Coral Springs Charter girls basketball team picked up their first win of the season Thursday night against Somerset Academy.
It was the Panther’s third game of the season as they played an extremely tight game against Marjory Stoneman Douglas but fell by three points with three eighth-graders getting playing time.
CSC then fell to Monarch High School the following night. However, after a strong game on Thursday from Davina Irizarry, the Panthers earned a 42-38 win.
Irizarry led the team with 14 points and ten rebounds, and Sidney Berthiaume stepped up late with two clutch free throws late in the game to pick up the victory. She finished with seven points, four rebounds, and three steals.
The Panthers’ next game will be at home on Wednesday, January 13, against Cardinal Gibbons High School at 6 p.m.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 News Site Here.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student. He also works for the Mohave Valley Daily News in Bullhead City, Arizona covering high school sports.
- NewsMarch 1, 2024Rivalry Matchups Highlight Eventful Week of Athletics in Coral Springs
- NewsFebruary 22, 20245 Coral Springs Teams Compete in Regionals; Bowlers Compete in BCAA Tournament
- NewsFebruary 18, 2024Coral Glades Football Adds New Offensive Coordinator
- NewsFebruary 18, 2024Coral Springs Athletes Shine in Wrestling Tournaments and Lacrosse Matches