By: Matt Rothman
It was a great start to the year for the Coral Glades boys soccer team, as they were able to earn a pair of wins to start the 2021 season.
It was also Chris Hawley’s first career win as a head coach since transferring from Coral Springs High School, where he was an assistant under his father, Bill Hawley.
Coral Glades defeated Mcarthur High School 3-0 on Wednesday as they received goals from freshman David Jimenez, sophomore Bryan Camacho, and senior Ethan Gentles. The Jaguars also used both senior Lewis Massingham and sophomore Simon Utera in net.
On Thursday, the Jaguars added five more goals and defeated Pompano Beach High School 5-0 in their home debut. Giovanni Garcia had a hat-trick, and Johann Morris added a pair of goals, with Oliver Dominguez assisting on one of the goals after a terrific cross.
Coach Chris Hawley was extremely excited about his team’s performance despite having many new players this season.
“I saw strong physical play, great ball movement, and communication as well,” Hawley said. “Really played together as a team and not as individuals. We will continue to grow as the season goes on and ready to repeat our title reign this year.”
Up next, Coral Glades will hope to move to 3-0 when they host J.P. Taravella High School on Tuesday, January 12 at 4 p.m.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 News Site Here.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2021.05.16J.P. Taravella Baseball’s Unforgettable Season Ends in Regional Final
- News2021.05.15Ordonez’s Walk-Off Home Run Wins Regionals for Marjory Stoneman Douglas Baseball
- News2021.05.14Coral Springs Charter Baseball Memorable Season Ends in Regional Semifinals
- News2021.05.14Coral Springs Charter Softball Falls Short of 6th Straight State Championship