By: Matt Rothman
The Coral Springs Charter girls soccer team finished off another tremendous regular season with an 11-0 win Friday night on Senior Day.
The Panthers honored Bailey Sweginnis, Lexi Porro, Ireland Thigpen, Julia Hitchcock — and all four scored goals.
Sweginnis led the team with three goals while Porro and Hitchcock each scored twice. Thigpen only had one goal but registered an assist as well against Northeast High School.
CSC finished the regular season with a 7-1 record and earned themselves as a two seed, which means they will advance to the semifinals. They will play the winner of Florida Atlantic University High School and Saint John Paul II Academy on Thursday, February 4, at Sporscomplex in Coral Springs.
“We have an incredibly talented group of young women this year, who have made enormous strides in an extremely short season,” said Head Coach Kristin Grassi. “I am excited to see how far into playoffs those talents can take them.”
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student. He also works for the Mohave Valley Daily News in Bullhead City, Arizona covering high school sports.
- NewsDecember 4, 20232 Local Rivals Clash; Basketball, Soccer and Wrestling Season Underway
- NewsDecember 1, 2023Coral Glades Basketball and Soccer Teams Face Mixed Fortunes in Recent Matchups
- NewsNovember 26, 2023High School Basketball in Coral Springs Tips-Off on Black Friday
- NewsNovember 25, 2023Carter Brooks of Coral Glades Named PGA South Florida Player of the Year