By: Matt Rothman
The Coral Springs Charter girls soccer team started their season out red-hot with a pair of wins in their first two games.
The Panthers are coming off a season where they won 17 games, continuing with wins over South Plantation and Coral Springs High School. They return with 12 girls back from the 2019-20 season and several great players to the varsity team.
For Head Coach Kristin Grassi, she credits her team for overcoming a year impacted by Covid-19.
“This team is taking the approach of seeing the silver lining,” said Coach Grassi. “We are happy to play and to be together finally. Our girls are just happy to have a season.”
Offensively, senior captain Bailey Sweginnis leads the team with four goals. Freshman Sophie Ribeiro has two goals while Ireland Thigpen has a goal and two assists. Ivory Edgecomb scored her first varsity goal on Thursday against Coral Springs, and Emily Kahler also has a goal.
The Panthers will next be in action on Monday on the road against Charles. W Flanagan High School at 4 p.m. Both come in with 2-0 records.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 News Site Here.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. Originally from Long Island, he moved to Parkland shortly after high school. Along with Parkland Talk, Matt is the lone contributing writer for the New York Islanders with The Hockey Writers. He worked as the Assistant Sports Editor for his school paper, Eagle News.
- News2021.01.16Coral Glades Cheerleading Advance to State Finals For 10th Straight Year
- News2021.01.16Coral Springs High School Cheerleading Team Advance to State Finals
- News2021.01.16Coral Springs Charter Cheerleading Win Regionals
- News2021.01.14Marjory Stoneman Douglas Defensive End Nick Dobbs Commits to College