By: Matt Rothman
After the Panthers had a bye in the first round by receiving the two-seed, Saint Andrews defeated FAU High School 8-0 in the District Quarterfinals.
The Panthers picked up their 16th win of the season and face North Broward Preparatory school in District Final. The Eagles are 12-4-2 this year and beat St. John Paul Academy II in their semifinal match on Tuesday.
Sophie Ribeiro scored three goals while Anna Mariano and Stephanie Basso recorded one. Lynnae Varkala also added an assist as Kelsey Dunne made two saves in net to record the shutout.
This will be the first matchup between these teams since 2018, when NBP picked up a 3-0 win. The Eagles have also won the last eight games and have outscored CSC 36-5 in those meetings. However, all that can change in the Championship Match, which will be on Thursday, February 3 at 5 p.m.
Send to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.”
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2022.05.24Coral Springs High School Football Wins Spring Game
- News2022.05.23Godfrey Records Walk-Off Hit to Win Regionals For CSC in Final Home At-Bat
- News2022.05.21State Champs! Marjory Stoneman Douglas Baseball Wins 2nd Consecutive Year
- News2022.05.208 Students From Coral Springs Selected to BCAA All-Star Game