By: Matt Rothman
For the first time in seven years since Head Coach David Horacek has been with the Coral Springs Charter boy’s soccer team, the Panthers defeated Coral Springs High School 1-0 on Thursday.
It was also their first win of the season as they previously tied against South Plantation High School.
Eighth-grader Sameer Marshal scored goals in both games, including the game-winner against the Colts, while Andrew Mersch had a shutout — only giving up one goal all season.
Coach Horacek felt it was a big deal for his team to beat a school this big.
“We have a very young team and the fact that we have been working with these kids since middle school has really helped us develop,” said Horacek.
The Panthers are coming off a tough couple of seasons where they only won eight games in two years, but have a chance to earn their second victory on the road on Monday, January 11 against Charles. W Flanagan High School at 6 p.m.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 News Site Here.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. Originally from Long Island, he moved to Parkland shortly after high school. Along with Parkland Talk, Matt is the lone contributing writer for the New York Islanders with The Hockey Writers. He worked as the Assistant Sports Editor for his school paper, Eagle News.
- News2021.01.16Coral Glades Cheerleading Advance to State Finals For 10th Straight Year
- News2021.01.16Coral Springs High School Cheerleading Team Advance to State Finals
- News2021.01.16Coral Springs Charter Cheerleading Win Regionals
- News2021.01.14Marjory Stoneman Douglas Defensive End Nick Dobbs Commits to College