By: Matt Rothman
For the first time in seven years since Head Coach David Horacek has been with the Coral Springs Charter boy’s soccer team, the Panthers defeated Coral Springs High School 1-0 on Thursday.
It was also their first win of the season as they previously tied against South Plantation High School.
Eighth-grader Sameer Marshal scored goals in both games, including the game-winner against the Colts, while Andrew Mersch had a shutout — only giving up one goal all season.
Coach Horacek felt it was a big deal for his team to beat a school this big.
“We have a very young team and the fact that we have been working with these kids since middle school has really helped us develop,” said Horacek.
The Panthers are coming off a tough couple of seasons where they only won eight games in two years, but have a chance to earn their second victory on the road on Monday, January 11 against Charles. W Flanagan High School at 6 p.m.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 News Site Here.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2021.08.01Coral Springs Native Brett Roberts: A Name to Remember
- News2021.07.27J.P. Taravella Pitcher Jack Sinclair Signs First Pro Contract
- News2021.07.27Infielder Gavin Conticello Decides Future After Being Selected in MLB Draft
- News2021.07.27Marjory Stoneman Douglas Aidan Minott Reveals College Decision