By: Matt Rothman
The Coral Springs Charter girls’ volleyball team had been on quite a run.
Despite cancellations due to Hurricane Ian, they head into the final part of the season red-hot. The Panthers picked up a statement win over Cypress Bay High School 25-23, 22-25, 25-20,25-21 to hand them their fifth season loss on September 20. They then faced off against city rival Coral Glades the next day and earned a 25-17,25-17-28-26 before closing the week with a 25-28, 25-18,25-23 win over Somerset Academy.
Alexandra Bruno, who has recorded 201 kills this year, is offensively leading the way for the Panthers. Brittney Stella is second on the team in kills while leading the team in aces. Sydney Mills, Allyson Gates, Sarah Henault, and Bruno all have at least 15 aces. Samatha McMillan has been a block machine defensively, while Sidney Berthiaume, Jaide Keen. Julia Dicaprio, Isabella Nillson, and Mia Luersen contributed to the Panthers’ tremendous start to the season.
After winning 20 matches and making it to the Regional Final in 2021, the Panthers will have six more matches in the regular season. However, their matches against Mater Lakes and South Plantation High School were canceled this week. They are expected to return to the court on Monday, October 3, against Cooper City at 6 p.m.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2022.11.21Marjory Stoneman Douglas Eagle Regiment Wins Grand Champion For 2nd Straight Season
- News2022.11.1910 Coral Springs and Parkland Volleyball Players Compete in BCAA All-Star Game
- News2022.11.192 New Soccer Coaches at Coral Glades Pick Up First Win
- News2022.11.18Coral Springs, Coral Glades Girls Basketball Win Season Openers