By: Sharon Aron Baron
The City of Coral Springs presented their Memorial Day service on Monday morning at Veterans Park.
Dedicated to all the veterans who fought or died in service for their country, the service was led by Alan Paley of the Jewish War Veterans Post 606. The Invocation was given by Pastor Robert Cohee of Coral Springs Community Church and the Pledge of Allegiance was led by American Heritage Girls Troop GL 0001. The Presentation of Colors was given by the Coral Springs Civil Air Patrol.
The featured speaker this year was Congressman Ted Deutch, who is serving his third term in the US Representative where he represents the 21st District. Deutch wants total accountability for all veterans receiving care at VA hospitals. “We must remember their courage and their sacrifices.”
The Coral Springs Honor Guard presented the Salute Volley, where they fire blank cartridges into the air. The Coral Springs Police Honor Guard played Echo Taps.
Mayor Vincent Boccard, Vice Mayor Larry Vignola, Commissioners Tom Powers, Claudette Bruck, and Dan Daley, and all gave special messages dedicated to this important day.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- Events2021.05.11Next Free Food Distribution Dates In Coral Springs, Tamarac, and Pompano Beach
- News2021.05.106 Named City of Coral Springs Business Excellence Award Winners
- News2021.05.10Submit your Best Shot and Win $100 in Coral Springs Talk Cover Photo Contest
- Crime & Safety2021.05.09Coral Springs Couple Search for Good Samaritan Who Returned Wallet left on Top of Vehicle