By: Sharon Aron Baron
The City of Coral Springs presented their Memorial Day service on Monday morning at Veterans Park.
Dedicated to all the veterans who fought or died in service for their country, the service was led by Alan Paley of the Jewish War Veterans Post 606. The Invocation was given by Pastor Robert Cohee of Coral Springs Community Church and the Pledge of Allegiance was led by American Heritage Girls Troop GL 0001. The Presentation of Colors was given by the Coral Springs Civil Air Patrol.
The featured speaker this year was Congressman Ted Deutch, who is serving his third term in the US Representative where he represents the 21st District. Deutch wants total accountability for all veterans receiving care at VA hospitals. “We must remember their courage and their sacrifices.”
The Coral Springs Honor Guard presented the Salute Volley, where they fire blank cartridges into the air. The Coral Springs Police Honor Guard played Echo Taps.
Mayor Vincent Boccard, Vice Mayor Larry Vignola, Commissioners Tom Powers, Claudette Bruck, and Dan Daley, and all gave special messages dedicated to this important day.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- Events2021.07.21TICKET ALERT: ‘Menopause The Musical’ Heads to the Coral Springs Center For The Arts
- Events2021.07.19TICKET ALERT: Coral Springs International Dinner Dance Celebrates the USA
- Events2021.07.13Ticket Alert: The Ultimate QUEEN Celebration Heads to the Coral Springs Center for the Arts
- Events2021.07.12Coral Springs Festival of the Arts Accepting Artist Submissions for 2022 Event