By: Chris Brunner
The Coral Springs City Commission recognized 16 deserving high school seniors who were awarded Martin Luther King, Jr. Scholarships for their freshman year in college.
With the generous assistance of the Coral Springs Community Chest as the major donor, the Coral Springs Martin Luther King, Jr. Committee was able to match their contribution, as well as supplement the Scholarship fund further by donations from various individuals and businesses in the community. The students were selected on the basis of financial need and quality of community involvement and were interviewed by a panel made up of representatives of the Community Chest and Martin L. King, Jr. Committee.
The recipients are: Djery Clement, Dhina Clement, Tiffaney Thompson, Eliette Casimir, Jazmin Santamaria, Christie Jacques-Louis, Alejandro Rivera, Jessica Harrold, Francesca Arnillas, Anthony Castro, Shain Joseph, Domenica Vera, Roxana Cardenas, Maajiya Bintu Raqib, Landon Thaler and Nozama Vincent.
High School seniors who are residents of Coral Springs and attend Coral Glades High, Coral Springs Charter School, Coral Springs High, Stoneman Douglas High and J.P. Taravella High are eligible to apply for this scholarship for the 2014/15 school year. Applications can be obtained in the Fall from the Brace Advisors at each school or from the City’s website at CoralSprings.org/mlk.
For further information or to donate towards this worthy cause, call Joyce Campos at 954-344-1005.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- Events2021.04.18Next Free Food Distribution Dates In Coral Springs, Tamarac, and Pompano Beach
- Events2021.04.18No-Appointment Needed Vaccination Sites Offered at 9 Broward County Locations
- Events2021.04.18Coral Springs Celebrates EarthFest 2021 and Street Clean Up
- Events2021.04.16President, Governor, Directs Flags at Half-Staff in Honor of Indianapolis Victims on April 20