By Sharon Aron Baron
Events are slowly returning to Coral Springs, and now the city is set to host a free Sunset Country Music Concert to kick off Memorial Day weekend.
Featuring country music artist Tom Jackson, whose brand of music is described as a new driving, aggressive country likened to a combination of Jason Aldean meets Charlie Daniels.
Other entertainment includes DJ and Line Dancing featuring “NACHO” from the Round-Up, School of Rock performances, and opening act Emily Brooks.
Held Saturday, May 29, 2021, at the Coral Springs Sportsplex at 2575 Sportsplex Drive. POD seating for this event is on a first-come, first-serve basis, with priority to Coral Springs residents with proof of residency. Gates open at 5 p.m., and the concert starts at 6 p.m. Attendees with proof of residency will receive a voucher to enter the parking area for entry and parking.
“We are excited to resume hosting in-person, family-friendly outdoor events,” said Coral Springs City Manager Frank Babinec. “An outdoor POD concert is a great way to bring our community together for the unofficial kick-off to summer in the safest way possible.”
Concert attendees can purchase food and drinks on-site from multiple local food trucks and an onsite bar. No coolers or lawn chairs are permitted at the event.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2021.05.05Mullins Hall COVID-19 Test Site to Close in Coral Springs
- Events2021.05.04Tickets Go on Sale for Cirque Musica Holiday Spectacular
- News2021.05.04Volunteers Show Their Appreciation for Teachers at 22 Coral Springs Schools
- Events2021.05.03Coral Springs Honors Heroes in Special Memorial Day Service