By: Sharon Aron Baron
Reserve your spot for the 2022 Government Academy and learn how the city is run.
The City of Coral Springs will host a series of informative workshops this fall that aims to educate the community, with the first session taking place on Thursday, October 13, from 5:30 p.m. to 7 p.m.
The Government Academy is an annual program that allows residents to learn about city services. The series provides participants with essential information about city operations, breaks down the complexity of municipal functions, and gives residents the chance to ask questions to city leaders. Topics covered include communication strategies, public safety, utilities, parks, and community development.
“Our goal is to give our residents the opportunity to interact directly with members of the Coral Springs leadership team as often as possible,” said Coral Springs Mayor Scott Brook. “Our Government Academy will help break down any barriers that might exist between our residents and their understanding of the municipal process.”
Participants may attend any of the five in-person sessions on the following dates:
- Thursday, October 13 – Special Events /Parks & Recreation
- Thursday, October 20 – Public Works/Utilities
- Thursday, October 27 – Development Services/Economic Development
- Thursday, November 3 – Public Safety – Police, Fire, Emergency Management
- Wednesday, November 10 – Your City Government at Work
The Government Academy is open to all Coral Springs residents ages 16 and older. Those attending will have the opportunity to meet and interact with members of the City Commission, the City Manager’s Office, and city staff. Current committee members and board appointees are encouraged to attend.
Class size is limited, and participants must pre-register to attend. For locations and registration, visit www.coralsprings.gov/academy.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2022.12.01Broward County School Choice Application Window Now Open for 2023/24
- News2022.11.30Talk Media Named 2022 Finalist by the Florida Press Club
- Events2022.11.29Prepare for Snow at Coral Springs ‘Downtown in December’ Event
- News2022.11.28Sawgrass Nature Center Invites Kids to ‘Camp Wild’ for Winter Break