By: Matt Rothman
In what has already been an impressive season for Coral Springs High School Cheerleading, they finished it off with a trip to Nationals where they placed 16th out of 26 teams in Orlando at the World Wide of Sports.
“While you always show up to win, sometimes it’s more about the life lessons and memories,” said Head Coach Amanda Mortimer. “We are proud of our girls and looking forward to next season already.”
The team finished the season with both a District and Regional win before placing third in States. They will have ten seniors graduating from their program this year who set all sorts of school records during their high school career.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. Originally from Long Island, he moved to Parkland shortly after high school. Along with Parkland Talk, Matt is the lone contributing writer for the New York Islanders with The Hockey Writers. He worked as the Assistant Sports Editor for his school paper, Eagle News.
- News2020.11.29Leonard Weaver Leads Coral Springs High School to First Playoffs in 6 Years
- News2020.11.28Coral Springs Charter Football Advances to Playoffs For 2nd Time in School History
- News2020.11.28Coral Glades Football Advances to Playoffs for the First Time in School History
- News2020.11.27Coral Glades Colton Eisenberg Donates Dollars for Charity with Every Successful Kick