By: Matt Rothman
The J.P. Taravella girl’s soccer team has not played a game since January 28 but will have the chance to play in Regionals at Coral Reef High School on Tuesday, February 11, at 7 p.m.
While Taravella has had a terrific regular season, they fell in the District Semifinals to Western High School; however, Head Coach Kathy Fitzgerald is thankful to have this opportunity for her team.
The Trojans have been very strong on offense and have scored 62 goals in 17 games. They have also only allowed 11 goals all season but will have a test with a robust Coral Reef team.
The team has won 18 of their 21 games this season and won 3-0 over South Dade High, a school in the District Finals.
The winner of this game will advance to the Regional semifinals on Friday, February 14 against either (2) Coral Gables or (7) West Broward at 7 p.m.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2022.01.25Coral Glades Girls Basketball Wins by 24 on Senior Night
- News2022.01.25Coral Springs Charter Boys Basketball Team Wins 2nd Game This Season
- News2022.01.24Coral Springs High School Boys and Girls Basketball Host Senior Night
- News2022.01.24CSC Girls Basketball Wins Final Home Game on Senior Night