By: Matt Rothman
The J.P. Taravella girl’s soccer team has not played a game since January 28 but will have the chance to play in Regionals at Coral Reef High School on Tuesday, February 11, at 7 p.m.
While Taravella has had a terrific regular season, they fell in the District Semifinals to Western High School; however, Head Coach Kathy Fitzgerald is thankful to have this opportunity for her team.
The Trojans have been very strong on offense and have scored 62 goals in 17 games. They have also only allowed 11 goals all season but will have a test with a robust Coral Reef team.
The team has won 18 of their 21 games this season and won 3-0 over South Dade High, a school in the District Finals.
The winner of this game will advance to the Regional semifinals on Friday, February 14 against either (2) Coral Gables or (7) West Broward at 7 p.m.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student. Matt also covers the New York Islanders for The Hockey Writer, the New York Mets for Last Word on Baseball and Florida Gators Athletics for ESPN Gainesville. He has also worked for the Naples Herald, Collier Sports Insider and was an assistant sports editor for his school newspaper.
- News2021.02.24J.P. Taravella Boys Lacrosse Celebrate First Win Since 2019
- News2021.02.24Vargas Shines on the Mound in Coral Springs Charter’s First Win of 2021
- News2021.02.24Coral Springs High School Football Star Delvontae Bouie Commits to Division I Program
- News2021.02.24Christie’s Walk-Off Hit Leads Coral Glades Softball to First Win