By: Matt Rothman
Coral Springs High School officially hired Eddie Brown to be the new head coach of the varsity football team.
The father of NFL star Antonio Brown, Eddie takes over for Fred Flowers and is determined to get help put CSHS back into one of the premier programs.
“I am very excited to have the opportunity to become the head coach here at Coral Springs,” Eddie said. “It’s a rich tradition. I say rich because I know a lot of the kids that have attended here, gone to other schools, and have had success. Coming here, I want to keep and develop that talent and rebuild the program.”
Eddie played college football at Louisiana Tech and became one of the best Arena Football Players with the Albany/ Indiana Firebirds. He was named MVP in 1994 and then won a championship in 1996 before getting into coaching and has spent nearly the last decade at Boyd Anderson High School. Eddie resides in Sunrise with his fiance, Leatrice Henerson, who also works at Park Trails.
The Colts are coming off a season where they went 4-6 and have not had a winning record since 2017. While Eddie knows it will be tough, he is committed to the program long-term after becoming the fourth coach in the past four years.
“I think the important thing is if you want to build combativity and rebuild a program and your working with kids, the most important thing for me is your word,” Eddie added. “I am giving administration my word that I am not going to be here for a year. I want to develop that. I can’t develop the trust or the build if I would only be here for a year.”
The Colts are set to open their season on August 17 at Pembroke Pines Charter and will play their first home game on September 1 against Piper High School. CSHS will also have games against Hollywood Hills, Blanche Ely, Northeast, Marjory Stoneman Douglas, Coral Glades, Olympic Heights, Boyd Anderson, Monarch, and J.P. Taravella High School this year.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- EventsOctober 1, 2023Register Now for the Saint Andrew Catholic Parish 20th Annual Golf Tournament
- NewsSeptember 30, 2023Rivalry Night: Coral Springs Charter Football Faces Off Against J.P. Taravella
- NewsSeptember 30, 2023Marjory Stoneman Douglas Football Dominates Pig Bowl: Coral Springs Principal Kisses the Pig
- NewsSeptember 28, 20234 Middle School Cross Country Teams Compete in Race