By Matt Rothman
Coral Glades High School officially announced the hiring of Rocco Casullo as the new varsity football coach.
Casullo takes over for Cam Thomas, who was with the Jaguars for five years and, in 2021, helped lead Coral Glades to their first trip to the postseason in school history before stepping down on Tuesday.
“I am very excited about this opportunity and would like to thank Dr. Mark Kaplan and Howie Schrager for this opportunity,” Casullo said. “This is an area that has a lot of talent, and I think we can be a public school that can be really good.”
The son of former NFL coach Bob Casullo, Rocco has had incredible success at the high school level, most noticeably with St. Thomas Aquinas High School, where he won five State Championships, including two as a head coach, along with two National Championships. He started working under the legendary coach George Smith and then took over and has six former assistants working as head coaches, including Coral Springs Charter’s Chris Haire.
Rocco most recently coached at Cypress Bay High School and will be taking over for a team that went through a rebuilding year in 2022. They won only two games, but the wins came against a pair of city rivals in Coral Springs High School and J.P. Taravella.
“Coach Casullo brings a wealth of experience at the highest level of football, and we look forward to a bright future ahead for Jaguar football,” Dr. Kaplan said.
The Jaguars are set to begin their season on August 24th against South Plantation High School.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- EventsOctober 1, 2023Register Now for the Saint Andrew Catholic Parish 20th Annual Golf Tournament
- NewsSeptember 30, 2023Rivalry Night: Coral Springs Charter Football Faces Off Against J.P. Taravella
- NewsSeptember 30, 2023Marjory Stoneman Douglas Football Dominates Pig Bowl: Coral Springs Principal Kisses the Pig
- NewsSeptember 28, 20234 Middle School Cross Country Teams Compete in Race