By: Matt Rothman
The Coral Glades football team advanced to the State 8A playoffs after going 6-2 this season for the first time in school history.
The Jaguars come in as the seventh seed and take on the second-seeded Palmetto High School from Miami.
“It means a lot to be the only team in Coral Springs to make playoffs,” said Head Coach Cam Thomas. “It shows how quick we have come, and we know we are going to be playing one of the best teams in the state. It will be a measuring stick for us.”
The Jaguars opened the season with a 42-6 win over arch-rival Coral Springs High School before falling in their next game to Western High School.
However, Coral Glades won their next five games to get off to their best start in school history. They had a win over J.P. Taravella in the Jason Stein Bowl as well as victories against Flanagan, West Broward, Cypress Bay, and Coral Springs Charter before falling to Marjory Stoneman Douglas on Senior Night.
The Jaguars have scored 241 points in their wins and have been excellent on both sides of the football.
The test will be tough, though, as Palmetto is 7-2 on the season and has allowed only 20 points one time this season.
Kickoff for this matchup is to be determined, though it is expected to be on either November 11 or 12. Stay tuned for a firm date.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2021.11.18Coral Springs Quarterback Tyler Goodman Honored With Perseverance Award in College
- News2021.11.18Coral Springs Charter Girls Soccer Wins 4th Game in a Row Wednesday Night
- News2021.11.18J.P. Taravella Girls Soccer Team Holds Car Wash This Weekend
- News2021.11.17Hines Scores Twice Leading Coral Glades Boys Soccer to 1st Win