By: Matt Rothman
The Coral Springs Charter football team won five games but ended their season after falling short of making the postseason in 2021.
The Panthers finished in seventh place in their division, and with playoffs being ranked on the strength of schedule (RPI), the Panthers fell .10 away from the sixth spot after Pine Crest School. They beat the Panthers 44-16 in their game at FAU Stadium and play La Salle High School in their opening playoff game.
CSC finished the season with a record 5-5 under Head Coach Chris Haire’s first season. After losing to La Salle in their opening game, CSC won five straight victories over Hollywood Hills, Archbishop McCarthy, Pembroke Pines Charter, Pompano Beach, and Northeast High School.
Leading the war for the Panthers was wide receiver, Mason Phillips. He eclipsed 1,100 receiving yards, with them all coming from quarterback Ryan O’Keefe. Roman Reid, Collin Teschky, and Trevor Catronio all caught touchdown passes from quarterback Ryan O’Keefe. Keon Taylor ran for over 500 yards while the defense was led by Michael Snow, Dominic Dunn, Michael Varga, and Jose Resendiz.
While the Panthers have a handful of kids set to graduate in 2022, they will return serval key players to their team for the fall season.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2021.12.03Coral Springs Charter Gymnastics Star Sydney Crouch Signs to Compete in College
- News2021.12.02Coral Glades Girls Basketball Off to Best Start in 13 Years
- News2021.12.02Coral Springs High School Boys Basketball Picks Up 1st Win
- News2021.12.02J.P. Taravella Boys Soccer Team Soaring as Season Progresses