By: Matt Rothman
Coral Springs High School held a pair of senior nights with athletes from the swim and volleyball teams being recognized.
Vlahovljak says she had an amazing time with her friends, making memories.
“Being on the swim team means a lot to me because swimming has always been a passion of mine,” Vlahovljak said. “It’s sad to think of it coming to an end, but I’m happy to have been a part of something so special.”
Wesley finished in sixth place in the 100-yard freestyle and 100-yard backstroke while competing in the 200-yard individual medley and 200-free relay. Sarah Kenny, Alyssa Hogeland, and Nicole Diez swam in relays while swimming individually.
The girls volleyball team also held their senior night on Thursday before their five-set win against Deerfield Beach High School.
They honored Sierra Evans, Jenna Armstrong, Tatiana Johnson, Alexis Marcicic, Olivia Moore, Jie Ying Li Lu, Bailey Vance, Alexandra Soblotne, Kayla Cornell and Melannie Bobadilla.
The Colts head into their final regular season match on Monday, October 9, against Pompano Beach High School. The Golden Tornadoes come in with a record of 5-13.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student. He also works for the Mohave Valley Daily News in Bullhead City, Arizona covering high school sports.
- NewsDecember 4, 20232 Local Rivals Clash; Basketball, Soccer and Wrestling Season Underway
- NewsDecember 1, 2023Coral Glades Basketball and Soccer Teams Face Mixed Fortunes in Recent Matchups
- NewsNovember 26, 2023High School Basketball in Coral Springs Tips-Off on Black Friday
- NewsNovember 25, 2023Carter Brooks of Coral Glades Named PGA South Florida Player of the Year