By: Matt Rothman
The Coral Springs High School football team had a terrific run, but it came to an end Friday night after their loss to Boca Raton High School 28-13.
It was a memorable run for the Colts, led by Delvontae Bouie, Jacoby Todd, Junior Jean, and Gavan Loriston. According to Head Coach Leonard Weaver, these four players put it all on the line for this program to be successful and tremendous leaders for many younger players.
While they didn’t get the result they were hoping for, Weaver is excited about where the program is heading. He came in wanting to change the culture regarding football and Coral Springs and led his team to a pair of wins and their first playoff appearance in six years.
While Coral Springs will lose many players this year to graduation, Weaver is really excited about the group of players he has coming back. He will have the entire off-season to work with his players, which he could not do last year after accepting the job.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 News Site Here.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2022.01.26J.P. Taravella Duo Posts Historic Numbers for Boys Basketball Team
- News2022.01.26Coral Springs High School Girls Soccer Wins Opening Playoff Game
- News2022.01.25Coral Glades Girls Basketball Wins by 24 on Senior Night
- News2022.01.25Coral Springs Charter Boys Basketball Team Wins 2nd Game This Season