By: Matt Rothman
The Coral Springs High School football team had a terrific run, but it came to an end Friday night after their loss to Boca Raton High School 28-13.
It was a memorable run for the Colts, led by Delvontae Bouie, Jacoby Todd, Junior Jean, and Gavan Loriston. According to Head Coach Leonard Weaver, these four players put it all on the line for this program to be successful and tremendous leaders for many younger players.
While they didn’t get the result they were hoping for, Weaver is excited about where the program is heading. He came in wanting to change the culture regarding football and Coral Springs and led his team to a pair of wins and their first playoff appearance in six years.
While Coral Springs will lose many players this year to graduation, Weaver is really excited about the group of players he has coming back. He will have the entire off-season to work with his players, which he could not do last year after accepting the job.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 News Site Here.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student. Matt also covers the New York Islanders for The Hockey Writer, the New York Mets for Last Word on Baseball and Florida Gators Athletics for ESPN Gainesville.
- News2021.03.04Coral Springs Charter Legendary Softball Coach Mark Montimurro Wins 500th Career Game
- News2021.03.04Coral Springs High School Girl’s Flag Football Team Win Big in First Game
- News2021.03.04Coral Glades Star Running Back Keshawn Barrett Signs with University
- News2021.02.27Marjory Stoneman Douglas Softball Wins 1st Game With Strong Offense