By: Sharon Aron Baron
After much uncertainty and disappointment due to senior celebrations being canceled due to COVID-19, area high schools will now be recognized with a special drive-by parade to honor the graduating class of 2020.
First organized in Parkland by Mayor Hunschofsky in honor of Marjory Stoneman Douglas graduates, the City of Coral Springs followed suit in partnership with principals from Coral Springs high schools.
All participants are required to remain in their vehicles and practice safe social distancing.
Participants will enter the staging area at the intersection of Royal Palm Blvd. and Sportsplex Drive, police personnel will be present to assist. The parade will start on Sportsplex Drive at the south point of the parking lot, turn north on Sportsplex Drive with the procession ending at Sample Road.
High School Graduation Parade Details:
Coral Springs High School Class of 2020 –Wednesday, June 3, 2020. Contact: A.P. Michael Marhefk: 754-322-0500
Coral Glades High School Class of 2020 – Thursday, June 4, 2020. Contact: A.P. Michele Stein: 754-322-0500
Coral Springs Charter School Cass of 2020 – Thursday, June 4, 2020. Contact: Principal Gary Springer: 754-307-6393
J.P. Taravella High School Class of 2020 – Friday, June 5, 2020. Contact: A.P. Deborah Johnson: 754-322-0500
Marjory Stoneman Douglas Class of 2020 – Details here.
For all schools, except Coral Springs Charter School, the times are as follows:
7:30 a.m. – 8:00 a.m. for last names beginning with A-K
8:00 a.m. – 8:30 a.m. for last names beginning with L-R
8:30 a.m. – 9:00 a.m. for last names beginning with S-Z
The parade begins at 9:30 a.m.
Coral Springs Charter School times are as follows:
1:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. arrival
The parade begins at 2:30 p.m.
Parade Route Rules:
- One vehicle per graduate student will be authorized. Parents and families are permitted to drive in the graduate’s vehicle.
- Students and parents must remain inside their vehicle at all times.
- There will not be any restroom facilities available.
- There will not be any available parking for additional guests.
- No spectators other than school staff will be permitted on the parade route.
- No stopping along the route
The valedictorian and salutatorian for each graduating class will be the first two cars in the parade. There is no additional “order” for the lineup of the parade route.
Tennis Center visitors can access the facility through the Aquatic Complex or provided access with the assistance of police officers from the south entrance of the staging area. Southbound traffic on Sportsplex Drive will be redirected to northbound travel to avoid the parade route.
Send Your News to Coral Springs Talk Here.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- Events2021.05.11Next Free Food Distribution Dates In Coral Springs, Tamarac, and Pompano Beach
- News2021.05.106 Named City of Coral Springs Business Excellence Award Winners
- News2021.05.10Submit your Best Shot and Win $100 in Coral Springs Talk Cover Photo Contest
- Crime & Safety2021.05.09Coral Springs Couple Search for Good Samaritan Who Returned Wallet left on Top of Vehicle