By: Sharon Aron Baron
Twelve years ago, our country was confronted with one of our darkest days. The twin towers crumbled. Black smoke billowed up from the Pentagon. Airplane wreckage smoldered on a Pennsylvania field. So many lost friends, neighbors, sisters and brothers – and we knew that our lives would never be the same again.
Each year, the of Coral Springs remembers the victims and honors the heroes of September 11, 2001. This September 11 at 6 p.m., the City will honor the victims by laying a wreath at the September 11th Memorial at the Northwest Regional Library, followed by patriotic musical presentations in the Library’s Community Room presented by JP Taravella Band and the Coral Springs Firefighters Pipes and Drums.
This year, the City will host its second annual September 11th 5K Remembrance Run/Walk on Sunday, September 15 at 7:30 a.m. A number of Coral Springs Firefighters will be running in full gear to honor those lost on September 11th, 2001.
The certified course follows flat roads through the heart of Coral Springs, starting and finishing at the September 11th Memorial located in front of the Northwest Regional Library. The 5K will be professionally timed and everyone who crosses the finish line will receive a Finisher Medal at the end of the race. Children activities will be available provided by Fitwize4Kids of Coral Springs and children will also receive a medal for participating in games.
Adult registration is $25, and $20 for children under 18 years old. To register, visit www.CoralSprings.org/5K. Race day registration will be available from 6 to 7:15 a.m. for an additional $5.
Anyone interested in becoming a sponsor or volunteer contact event organizer Gina Orlando at email@example.com. For more information, please call 954-344-1147.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- Events2021.06.18Volunteers Needed for Coral Springs Drive Clean-Up Day June 26
- News2021.06.18Broward County Public Schools Offer 39 Covid Vaccination Sites for Students 12 and Older
- Events2021.06.15Construction Alert: Riverside Drive Street Upgrades Begin June 21
- Events2021.06.14TICKET ALERT: Comedian Whitney Cummings Heads to the Coral Springs Center for the Arts