By: Sharon Aron Baron
The City of Coral Springs celebrates peace and understanding during The International Day of Peace celebration at the International Peace Garden.
Along with the Multi-Cultural Advisory Committee and the Clergy Coalition of Coral Springs, Parkland, and NW Broward, the city celebrates “International Day of Peace” on Wednesday, September 21, 2022.
The International Day of Peace, or Peace Day, is observed worldwide each year on September 21. Established in 1981 by the unanimous United Nations resolution, Peace Day provides a globally shared date for all humanity to commit to peace above all differences and to contribute to building a culture of peace.
Residents can also celebrate peace in a variety of ways, including:
- Complete a Peace Day Pledge
- Create an Imagine Peace Wish Tree by hanging a ‘wish for peace tag’ on a designated tree, indoors or outdoors.
- Create Pinwheels for Peace and place them in your front yard.
- Wear white on September 21 to symbolize “Peace Across Broward Day.”
- Perform a Random Act of Kindness toward a neighbor, friend, or student.
See below to download the pinwheel or tree tag template and pledge.
Residents may share pictures of pinwheels for peace, a wish for peace tag, and peace pledges by emailing Lydia Cutz at email@example.com; or using the hashtag #CS4Peace on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.
This community celebration takes place at the International Peace Garden outside the Center for the Arts at 2855 Coral Springs Drive from 8 a.m. – 9 a.m.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2022.10.01Sold-Out Coral Springs International Dinner Dance Celebrates the USA
- Events2022.09.22Just Between Friends Consignment Event Returns October 6-9 in Coral Springs
- News2022.09.21Pets of the Week: Riley and Butterball Are Ready for Adoption
- Events2022.09.19TICKET ALERT: The Hip Hop Nutcracker Celebrates its 10th Season at the Coral Springs Center for the Arts