By: Sharon Aron Baron
If your schedule is “flexible” and driving to the Artwalk in Coral Springs isn’t too big of a “stretch,” then free yoga classes await you on Saturday evenings.
During the winter months, the City of Coral Springs Community Redevelopment Agency helps residents enjoy the beautiful sunset over the Springs with a class from 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
Held by Yoga instructor Juliana Trejo from Yoga 4 Life Studios West in Coral Springs, who said she is on a mission to not only grow the yoga community but also assist and serve more people on their journey toward personal growth and well-being.
The class, which is Hatha yoga, is for all fitness levels. At the beginning of each class, Juliana reminds students:
“Simple movement with conscious breath creates profound changes.”
An experienced Yogi, Juliana has been practicing yoga since 1981, after her mom recognized she needed an outlet to calm her temper. That opportunity was a gift, turned “healthy-addiction,” which she now shares with others.
Sunset Yoga is free every Saturday at 5:30 p.m.; however, donations are accepted -and appreciated. Pre-registration is not required, but all participants must complete and sign a waiver, bring a yoga mat and water. You can download the waiver at www.coralsprings.org/craevents, print it, and bring it with you.
Remember to check the Coral Springs CRA website often and follow the city on social media for potential class changes due to weather or sunset times. The ArtWalk is in Downtown Coral Springs at 9405 NW 31st Court, and parking is free at the city hall garage.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2021.05.17Official 2021/22 Broward County Public Schools Color Calendar
- News2021.05.17Chabad of Coral Springs Holds Free Food Distribution May 19, Volunteers Needed
- News2021.05.16Winner of Coral Springs Talk Cover Photo Contest Announced
- News2021.05.14City of Coral Springs Honors Nurses and Volunteers from COVID19 Vaccine Site