By: Sharon Aron Baron
To help reduce crashes as well as prevent injuries resulting from speeding and aggressive driving, the Coral Springs Police Department will be conducting speed and aggressive driving enforcement for the upcoming months to promote safer roadways.
During these operations, officers from the Coral Springs Police Department Traffic Unit will be assigned to areas of concern with high frequencies of vehicle crashes. Uniformed officers will not only educate drivers on aggressive driving behaviors but will be issuing citations to those not in compliance with state statutes.
These operations will be conducted periodically between December 20, 2019, and September 27, 2020.
This high visibility education and enforcement are conducted in conjunction with the Florida Department of Transportation’s “Alert Today, Alive Tomorrow” campaign. Additional information about his initiative can be found at www.alerttodayflorida.com.
According to Officer Chris Swinson, the object of this enforcement is to ensure the safety of Coral Springs citizens and to promote safe driving habits while commuting on our city streets.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2020.09.24Coral Springs Police Seek 2 Suspects Who Conned Victim in Lottery Scam
- News2020.09.23Video: Patient at Broward Health Coral Springs Celebrates 101st Birthday
- News2020.09.23Sawgrass Nature Center Raising Funds for Environmental Education Project for Title 1 Schools
- News2020.09.23Clear Space by Safety Disposing Hazardous Waste October 3