By Sharon Aron Baron
Scholarships are once again awarded by the Coral Springs Police Officers Foundation, with the first being open to all Coral Springs residents in their senior year of high school and the second exclusively for seniors of Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School.
The Foundation added the Marjory Stoneman Douglas scholarship after the school shooting. This scholarship is exclusively for students graduating from the Parkland high school.
Last year, the Coral Springs Police Officers Foundation awarded scholarships to 15 high school seniors. This year they will be awarding scholarships to several soon-to-be high school graduates with awards varying from $500 – $1,000 each.
Paul Kempinski, vice president of the Coral Springs Police Officers Foundation that after the challenging past year with the pandemic, they were fortunate to be able still to offer this great program.
“High school students have missed out on so much due to COVID-19. It was important to our members that we still make this scholarship program happen this year despite the difficulties this past year has brought,” he said.
Applications are available by going to Coral Springs FOP Scholarship Program and must be received no later than Friday, April 16, 2021.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2022.01.17Celebrating 10 Years: Winner’s Name Drawn for $150 Gift Card Giveaway
- News2022.01.17Free Food Distribution Held on Jan. 19 at Chabad of Coral Springs
- Events2022.01.16Winner Chosen for 4 Free Tickets to ‘World’s Largest Bounce House’
- Crime & Safety2022.01.14Coral Springs-Parkland Firefighter Who Battled Cancer Laid to Rest