By: Sharon Aron Baron
To help keep residents safe, Coral Springs Police is assigning officers to provide information about pedestrian and traffic safety.
This campaign will include face-to-face contact with those traveling on city streets and major roadways.
This current phase will be conducted periodically between February 1 and April 30 and will also involve enforcement and issuance of citations to those pedestrians and bicyclists who violate traffic laws.
The State of Florida ranks second in the nation for fatalities involving pedestrians and bicyclists. The goal of the education and enforcement conducted by uniformed officers is to decrease the number of pedestrian and bicycle-related crashes that occur within our city.
This high visibility education and enforcement will be conducted in conjunction with the Florida Department of Transportation’s “Alert Today, Alive Tomorrow” campaign. Additional information about his initiative can be found at www.alerttodayflorida.com.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- Events2021.05.11Next Free Food Distribution Dates In Coral Springs, Tamarac, and Pompano Beach
- News2021.05.106 Named City of Coral Springs Business Excellence Award Winners
- News2021.05.10Submit your Best Shot and Win $100 in Coral Springs Talk Cover Photo Contest
- Crime & Safety2021.05.09Coral Springs Couple Search for Good Samaritan Who Returned Wallet left on Top of Vehicle